Below we’re going to present detailed information regarding what you or a loved one will experience if you decide to undergo acceptance and commitment therapy in Orange County at one of our facilities. We feel that the more you know before taking this critical step, the better, and we look forward to introducing it to you on a personal level to help you or a loved one achieve the peace of mind everyone deserves.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Described
The Goals of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Ultimately, the goal of ACT is to help someone develop a functional sense of psychological flexibility. This capability is founded on what are known as the six core ACT processes. These processes are:
- Acceptance – A person will be able to embrace the full range of thoughts and emotions as opposed to avoiding some or all of them.
- Cognitive defusion – To “defuse” something means to remove the danger, and people who go through ACT will hopefully be able to distance themselves from their thoughts and feelings to more easily change them.
- Present in the moment – Someone undergoing ACT will be able to be mindful in the present moment and analyze thoughts and feelings without judging or reacting to them.
- Proper self-context – Someone who is able to put themselves in a proper level of self-context will understand generally where they individually fit in the grand scheme of things.
- Values and principles – Successful acceptance and commitment therapy will unlock a person’s ability to put values and principals in place for different situations and to stick with them.
- Committed action – Finally, a person who undergoes ACT will be able to take tangible steps towards making positive changes in life.
Conditions Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Treats
People who come to us for acceptance and commitment therapy in Orange County tend to experience the most success when we are dealing with the following conditions:
- Anxiety disorders
- Chronic pain
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in Orange County
INPATIENT MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT
If you or someone you love is suffering with troubling thoughts or emotions such that they are interfering with everyday life and/or interpersonal relationships, then you need to take immediate steps to correct this problem. Undergoing acceptance and commitment therapy in Orange County at one of our facilities may be exactly what you or your loved one needs.