While all Blue Cross Blue Shield companies offer a unique story, few are as interesting as the one associated with Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield. This is a healthcare company that’s part and parcel of the healthcare system in The Natural State, and this is a partnership that dates back for generations.
That’s just one of the reasons that SoCal Empowered is proud to be an in-network mental health provider for policyholders of Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield. What that means is that people who have mental health coverage as part of their Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield policies can come and stay with us without the hassle of wondering about coverage, trying to find out more about coverage or risking not being covered. The easier it is for people to obtain the mental health help they need, the better, and members of Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield can do so with confidence and efficiency.
About Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. It was founded in 1948, so for more than 70 years Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield has been serving the healthcare needs of Arkansans.
As of now, the organization has grown to be home to more than 3,200 employees. Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield is also expanding. Its headquarters are in Little Rock, and in 2021 it opened a Northwest Arkansas Corporate Center in Springdale.
A lot of people may not realize that Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield is also a not-for-profit entity, and its website states that approximately 85 percent of the premiums it collects are spent on paying claims of policyholders. The other 15 percent is applied towards overhead and reserve funds.
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield and Mental Health
As is the case with many Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies, Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield has an entire section of its website dedicated to mental health. Its Behavioral Health page offers information, resources and of course the ability to search for a mental health provider that is in its network.
How SoCal Empowered Can Help
If you are an Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield policyholder and you are experiencing a serious mental health challenge, then you need to take action before things get worse. Mental health problems are just as dangerous in certain cases as any physical problem that could arise, and many times the situation will not simply get better with the passage of time. If anything, the problem will only get worse.
Contact SoCal Empowered today if you need help figuring out what to do next. We can help explain how benefits generally work for policyholders, we can help you decide if a stay with us is the best next step and we can even speak directly to your insurance company if you’d like us to do so.
Most importantly, our mental health professionals will be able to work with you to decide how you should proceed. If you’re ready to take that all-important first step, contact us today.